Community Development Block Grant Program
Honesdale Borough receives Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds as an entitlement community.
The current CDBG adopted 3-Year Plan can be accessed here: Three Year CD Plan-Honesdale .
10-04-2021 CDBG Resolution: Legislation – Resolutions – 2021 – Resolution # 2021-027
10-2021 Cooperation Agreement between Wayne County and Honesdale Borough:
Current CDBG projects include funding for the following:
- FY2021 $80,769.00 – Paving of Watts Hill (partial)
- FY2020 $25,852.00 -Mortgage / Rental Assistance Programs
- FY2020-$79,725.00 -Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons for multiple locations (7)
- CDBG-CV – OBO Honesdale Boro. – Subsistence Rental / Mortgage payments and PPE Equipment and Sanitizing Supplies
Past CDBG projects included funding for the following:
- FY2019- 5th Street Pedestrian Bridge Replacement
- 2020 – OBO Honesdale Boro.- Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFB)
- 2019 – OBO Honesdale Boro.- 5th Street Pedestrian Bridge
- 2018 – OBO Honesdale Boro.- 5th Street Pedestrian Bridge
- 2017 – OBO Honesdale Boro.- 5th Street Pedestrian Bridge
- 2016 – Street Improvement-Corey St. OBO Honesdale Boro ; Street Improvement-Wood St. OBO Honesdale Boro, Street Improvement-Gibbons Park OBO Honesdale Boro, Street Improvement- Flashing Beacons OBO Honesdale Boro, OBO Honesdale Boro.- 5th Street Pedestrian Bridge
- 2015 – Street Improvements Old Willow Ave. OBO Honesdale Borough, OBO Honesdale Boro. 5th St. Pedestrian Bridge
- 2014 – OBO Honesdale boro. – Traffic Loop Cameras & Audible Pedestrian Signals,
2018, 2019, 2020 & 2020 CDBG-CV projects are being administered by the Wayne County Redevelopment Authority. 2021 projects are being administered by Hailstone Economic.